Sunday 18 August 2013

Polymer Clay Whats Cooking

This week I've had a sort through my clay canes some have been dispensed of for scrap clay, but I've used some others for my polymer clay ear studs and rings.

Old polymer clay canes resigned to the scrap pile
Old polymer clay canes resigned to the scrap pile
You may recognise a few already as my millefiori studs and rings are proving quite popular I've had to make more for my Etsy Shop.  Some are new though, well new styles from old canes, once cooked I'll know which ones will work well or not.

Polymer clay focal's for ear studs and rings
Polymer clay focal's for ear studs and rings
I've also been playing around with some more clay firstly I tried out some rose studs in some alternative colours a dark blue and green brushed with gold, but I'm not entirely happy with these.

I also got my urchin mould in the post this week all the way from Canada as you can see below I had a little practice with them, its a fantastic mould though as usual my alcohol inking technique needs some work I always find my colours come out a bit too intense.



Polymer clay roses and urchins
Polymer clay roses and urchins
I'm now awaiting another delivery of crystals to play with some new alcohol inks and more white clay so I should be having a fun week experimenting.

This post is part of Handmade Monday, why not pop on over to Handmade Monday and check out more great crafter's over on Handmade Harbours Handmade Monday

9 comments:

  1. I love the little urchins. I keep toying with the idea of knitting a seaurchin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the patterns in your clay, and your little rose studs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty canes I never got the hang of making canes - guess I don't have the patience lol. I like intense colours so the the urchins really appeal to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The roses are sweet! It all looks wonderful!
    In a Pickle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how all your focals turned out. Urchins are quite a different choice. I think the colours on them look great as they are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous makes. I just love all the different colours.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely colour combinations on the focals, do the colours change much when you cook them?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, I used to dabble in polymer clay years ago. I like the pieces ready for stud earrings, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so clever with this fimo matter. the patterns on those "pebbles" are stunning!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments and views on my work, thank you