Friday 20 July 2012

CraftFest September 1st - 8th 2012

What is CraftFest?


CraftFest is run by the Creative Connections community social network, unfortunately I missed out on the fourth CraftFest run early in the year, but have eagerly signed up for both Septembers and Novembers CraftFest.

CraftFest is one of the first online craft fairs, much like a virtual craft fair but so much more.  Its not just about the selling, its also about building a community and meeting and making new friends, of which I have already met some fantastic people.

The advertising and promotion of CraftFest is a community team effort, where everyone takes part in helping to promote each others stalls and CraftFest as a whole via social networks such as Twitter and Facebook.

 


Applications are still open, so If you are interested in joining the community and taking part why not



I am still preparing my own stall for CraftFest but some stalls are already up and running for browsing and shopping.  So here is just a taster of some fabulous CraftFester's Stalls up and running

Handmade In Keswicks Craftfest Stall



Find more photos like this on Creative Connections

Hi I'm Lu, and I make contemporary mixed media art, some of which I feature on handmade sketchbooks, notebooks and journals.  My work is a bit quirky and unusual, but I find that people seem to look at pieces and know immediately who they're gonna buy for.  The books especially make lovely little hostess gifts and thank you gifts for when you don't want to give flowers or chocs.

Elloria's Boutique Craftfest Stall


Find more photos like this on Creative Connections

Lorriane Dowdle Lampwork Craftfest Stall



Find more photos like this on Creative Connections


Hand creating gorgeous glass beads and incorporating these original gems into wearable creations is exhilarating! The most rewarding and exciting thing for me, is to bring joy though my work. May My hand created glass treasures bring joy to the receiver whom will create luscious one off pieces of their own

So this is just a small sample of the stalls currently taking part in Septembers CraftFest, keep your eyes peeled as I will be featuring more stalls soon.

4 comments:

  1. Great blog. Of course made all the better by featuring my work!
    By the time you've read this I'll have stumbled it (the blog post),pinned it, stuck it on my blog, & my FB and Tweeted it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is outstanding Clare and gorgeously presented... Thank You so much for including my work in your post too... xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you and thank you for sharing, you are most welcome

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post and lovely choices

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments and views on my work, thank you