Tuesday 8 September 2009

Microfine Glitter, a more successful attempt

On Sunday I had more time to experiment with the micro fine glitters and this is my creation, also my first attempt at making a donut and I must say I am very pleased with this bead.

My first thoughts on the micro fine was that it is very limited in the ways you can apply it using a brush, dabbing and rubbing the glitter in to create a fuller colour, my initial presumption was that I would be able to create more delicate patterns using the glitter but I just don't think this is possible, that said I have since learnt other methods of applying the glitter and created some nice beads I am really pleased with and that I am planning on creating a necklace with.
I do need to try some more experiments Ii would like to know if its possible to apply liquid polymer clay onto a glitter base and then apply cane slices onto this but I haven't had time as yet to try this, I will let you know when I find out.Microfine glitter on polymer clay beads

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments and views on my work, thank you